Elefun One Size Wrap
Kijani is a social enterprise in Kampala, Uganda providing fairly paid jobs for local Mums (and some Dads too!). They also make cloth nappies accessible and fairly priced for local people. I have seen lots of photos of their working environment and speak to the wonderful Valerie who is in charge as often as I can. When you buy these brilliant nappies you are doing good on so many levels.
The main features of these nappies are:
- Covers and soakers are adjustable with the one size option designed to fit most babies between 10 and 40 pounds.
- They are made with gorgeous, limited edition kitenge fabrics with a hidden PUL layer and PUL leg strips.
- Loose elastics on the sides of the soakers add a 'double gusset' effect.
- Kijani nappies are a unique, one size, all in two design that can also be used as a wrap with an insert type of your choice.
- We also sell the brilliant pop-in attachment making this an all in 2 system. These are filled with all natural fabrics, using bamboo and unbleached, undyed cotton jersey grown in Uganda without chemicals! They are then covered in stay-dry super soft suede cloth.
- The snap in soakers are backed with a layer of PUL for even more leak protection
- Covers are PUL lined so can be wiped clean and used with more than one soaker/insert before they have to be washed making for a great and cost effective system.
- *Covers are PUL lined so can be wiped clean and used with more than one soaker/insert before they have to be washed making for a great and cost effective system.
kitenge, PUL, suedecloth, bamboo, cotton jersey