Kijani BTP wrap and Insert
This listing is for a wrap and a pop-in insert giving you a complete nappy set up.
Kijani is a social enterprise in Kampala, Uganda providing fairly paid jobs for local Mums (and some Dads too!). They also make cloth nappies accessible and fairly priced for local people. I have seen lots of photos of their working environment and speak to the wonderful Valerie who is in charge as often as I can. When you buy these brilliant nappies you are doing good on so many levels.
The main features of these nappies are:
- Covers and soakers are adjustable with the one size option designed to fit most babies between 10 and 40 pounds.
- They are made with gorgeous, limited edition kitenge fabrics with a hidden PUL layer and PUL leg strips.
- Loose elastics on the sides of the soakers add a 'double gusset' effect.
- Kijani nappies are a unique, one size, all in two design that can also be used as a wrap with an insert type of your choice.
- We also sell the brilliant pop-in attachment making this an all in 2 system. These are filled with all natural fabrics, using bamboo and unbleached, undyed cotton jersey grown in Uganda without chemicals! They are then covered in stay-dry super soft suede cloth.
- The snap in soakers are backed with a layer of PUL for even more leak protection
- Covers are PUL lined so can be wiped clean and used with more than one soaker/insert before they have to be washed making for a great and cost effective system.
- *Covers are PUL lined so can be wiped clean and used with more than one soaker/insert before they have to be washed making for a great and cost effective system.
kitenge, PUL, suedecloth, bamboo, cotton jersey
Information about inserts:
These cloth diaper inserts are unique because they are backed with waterproof PUL. The waterproof fabric makes these so versatile:
- They can be used with Kijani covers or any diaper covers - the waterproof backing keeps the cover dry so it can be used multiple times before being washed
- You can turn any pocket diaper into a cover by laying this insert on top of the pocket. The insert will keep the pocket diaper dry so it can stay on your baby longer. Perfect to keep your baby in your favorite diaper for a longer stretch of time
- These inserts can give new life into diapers that have been delaminated (where the PUL in the diaper has broken down). Kijani inserts can be used even with delaminated diapers.
- The last 3 inches do not have waterproof PUL so that the insert can be folded over to fit into a variety of sized diapers
The top of the insert is made with stay dry suedecloth to keep your baby dry and comfortable. The inner absorbent layers are a mix of bamboo and unbleached cotton jersey. The mix of cotton and bamboo creates a very absorbent insert with all natural fabrics.
Kijani inserts can be used with any wraps, covers, all in two, or pocket diapers.
Kijani is a social business based in Kampala, Uganda that creates unique, high quality cloth diapers while empowering Ugandan mamas through fair wages and good working conditions.